FREE LEARNING AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
The Learning and Community Engagement Program presented by ART ON THE MOVE is FREE for schools. It is made possible through sponsorship by Healthway promoting the Act Belong Commit message. The program aims to connect, inspire and enrich young creative minds and minds young at heart, and gives students the opportunity to engage with artists, expand their creativity and learn more about the visual arts.
The Learning and Community Engagement Program includes free artist talks, activities and a free Education Resource with specific Curriculum links to the exhibition to encourage creative learning. Once you have booked in for the Learning and Community Engagement Program, the Education Resource is supplied to the school free of charge.
Healthway sponsorship enables ART ON THE MOVE to send our exhibiting artists and curators to exhibition venues across Western Australia. This is a great opportunity to learn about the exhibition first hand and gain a great insight into the artist’s processes.
Find out about our Upcoming Education Events here.
NEED TRANSPORT TO THE VENUE?
The Act Belong Commit ARTBUS is a subsidy that assists with the cost of transporting your students to the venue or gallery. Please ask us about the Act Belong Commit ARTBUS subsidy when you make your booking.
To book your school into the Learning and Community Engagement Program email our Learning and Community Engagement Officer email@example.com.
IN-SCHOOL LEARNING AN COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
Teachers can host a FREE In-School Education Event (metro-based only) to encourage students to look at the world in new ways through art.
FREE In-School Events include:
- Incursion is half day (35 students minimum) or a whole day (70 students minimum);
- Education Events include a slideshow from the exhibition and a short practical activity;
- Participating schools receive an Education Resource containing background information, discussion questions, activities and project ideas suitable for Primary through to Senior Secondary level;
- Students engage with a practising artist and their work;
- Senior visual art students may use this artist in their case studies and be inspired by this artist in their practical work.
Choose your exhibition:
Visit our Exhibitions Page to choose your exhibition for your In-School Education Event and find out more information.
To book your school for a In-School Education Event email our Learning and Community Engagement Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Act Belong Commit website for more information on the health message.