An action-research project, 2020 Vision is a partnership between Art Gallery of Western Australia and ART ON THE MOVE. The aim is to explore opportunities for a collaborative touring programme in 2020 and beyond.
The first stage of 2020 Vision is to meet with key stakeholder groups at regional venues to identify critical issues around increasing impact, and to scope the potential for venue improvements leading to increase touring capacity.
Touring to regional venues…
Alcoa Mandurah Art Gallery, Mandurah October 30, 9.30am – 11.30am
Bunbury Regional Art Galleries , Bunbury October 30, 2pm – 3.45pm
Collie Art Gallery, Collie October 31, 1pm – 2.45pm
Katanning Gallery, Katanning November 1, 10.15am – 11.45am
Vancouver Arts Centre, Albany November 1, 3.15pm – 4.45pm
Cannery Arts Centre, Esperance November 2, 1.30pm – 2.15pm
Goldfield Arts Centre, Kalgoorlie November 3, 12pm – 2pm
Tours to other regions will take place in 2018.
The goal by 2020…
- Stimulating art ‘on the move’ attracting wider and larger audiences;
- Increased exhibition activity and touring;
- Increased visibility and access to the AGWA collection in the regions;
- Improved capabilities of regional venues;
- A linked network with stronger marketing leverage for ‘placemaking’ and tourism goals;
- A more sustainable future for the regional visual arts, through developed venues
- Value adding by way of Art Gallery of WA and ART ON THE MOVE providing access to education, curatorial and registration skills;
- Provide training in appropriate artwork handling skills as well as conservation requirements.
For more about ART ON THE MOVE visit the website, Like the Facebook Page or follow on Instagram.
For more about Art Gallery of Western Australia visit the website, Like the Facebook Page or follow on Instagram.…